Progress Software Specialist / Programmer
Apero Solutions is growing and we are excited to add another Progress Software Developer to our team in Edmonton. This individual will work closely with our existing development team to continue adding new features to our ERP software. We are excited to see what you can contribute to Apero and our continued success.
Provide analysis, design and programming services in exposing 4GL/ABL procedures as web services.
4GL/ABL programming to extend ERP functionality.
You will be required to take ERP business logic programs and convert them to web services for use/consumption by .Net web development team via Appserver. This will require advanced knowledge in 4GL/ABL, XML, Open Edge 11 Appserver architecture. The Ideal candidate will have a very strong understanding of all the Progress technologies and how best to leverage them, especially Appserver and writing web service 4GL / ABL procedures.
Technical Skills required
- Advanced Progress 4GL/ABL programming with Progress Open Edge 11 Experience (5+ Years)
- Progress Appserver development (4+ years)
- XML programming using 4GL/ABL/Appserver
- Web Services and REST services programming technologies
- SQL knowledge a Plus
- Advanced Programming in Progress 4GL / ABL based applications (5 years)
- Experience in writing 4GL/ABL procedures as web services to be consumed by .Net Client using Appserver or other clients. (3 years)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Communication Skills – Both Verbal and Written
- Project management skills
- Well Organized
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently meet or exceed assigned targets and deadlines
- Computer Science degree or equivalent, with proven Progress work experience (5+ years).
This position is in Edmonton
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org