Why Apero Solutions?
At Apero Solutions, you will work with the best developers, analysts, designers and implementers in the country. Our corporate culture is casual, friendly and fun!
We’re alway on the lookout for new talented members to join our growing team. Get in touch if you'd like to apply.
Title / Position: Software Support Specialist
Apero Solutions is growing, and we are excited to add another software support specialist to our team in Edmonton. This individual will work closely with our support team to continue providing support to our customer base. We are excited to see what you can contribute to Apero and our continued success.
The software support specialist will provide client support for our Supply Chain Management software products. This individual will play a primary role on Apero’s client support team, actively participating in support team meetings, assisting with the testing of new software releases and resolving support items.
As the first responder to client’s requests, you would:
- Answer questions about “how-to” use of our applications.
- Deliver exceptional service to our clients from initiation of the support incident through to completion; communicate effectively with clients throughout the process.
- Accurately maintain service orders, logs, and documentation in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide training and documentation for trending issues.
- Coordinate efforts with other teams and teammates to resolve issues quickly.
- Perform root cause analysis for each issue, escalating as necessary.
- Communicate priorities and issues to internal business units to manage service levels.
- Follow up to ensure issues are completely resolved to the user’s satisfaction.
- Maintaining a sense of urgency and ownership while working to resolve calls and improve the supplier/customer relationship.
A background in Supply Chain Management and/or experience in a field related to accounting and warehouse operations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar support/help-desk capacity.
This position is in Edmonton
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Title / Position: Progress Software Developer
Apero Solutions is growing, and we are excited to add another Progress software developer to our team in Edmonton. This individual will work closely with our development team to continue adding new features to our ERP software. We are excited to see what you can contribute to Apero and our continued success.
Provide analysis, design, and programming services in exposing 4GL/ABL procedures as web services.
4GL/ABL programming to extend ERP functionality.Responsibilities
You will be required to take ERP business logic programs and convert them to web services for use/consumption by the .NET web development team via Appserver. This will require advanced knowledge in 4GL/ABL, XML, Open Edge 11/12 Appserver architecture. The ideal candidate will have a very strong understanding of all the Progress technologies and how best to leverage them, especially Appserver, and writing web service 4GL / ABL procedures.Technical Skills required
- Advanced Progress 4GL/ABL programming with Progress Open Edge Experience (5+ years)
- Progress Appserver development (4+ years)
- XML programming using 4GL/ABL/Appserver
- Web services and REST services programming technologies
- SQL knowledge is an asset
Advanced Programming in Progress 4GL / ABL based applications (5 years)
Experience in writing 4GL/ABL procedures as web services to be consumed by .NET Client using Appserver or other clients (3 years)Essential Qualities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Project management skills
- Well organized
- Demonstrates the ability to consistently meet or exceed assigned targets and deadlines
Computer Science degree or equivalent, with proven Progress work experience (5+ years).This position is in Edmonton Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Title / Position: ERP / WMS Functional Analyst – full time permanent salary position
Apero Solutions Inc. is a progressive ERP and WMS solutions provider with expertise in inventory and distribution. Our software provides a single view of all critical business areas for our Clients, to make it faster and easier to drive powerful business decisions and innovation. We do this by unifying processes, data, collaboration, mobility and more. We are committed to providing easily integrated products and solutions that lend to business success and accomplish this with a relatively small team of highly skilled employees. We take the time to understand and assess our client’s needs, which assists us in developing fully integrated ERP, RF warehouse, web and mobility solutions. Our products have been tested in hundreds of diverse businesses and are continually enhanced with features and suggestions from our most experienced Clients.
* Listed as one of the “best Alberta based Wholesale companies” by BestStartup.ca in Oct 2021.
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent salaried employee to test and analyze our complex, flexible and powerful propriety ERP software. We are all about continuous improvement and streamlining, whether it be the software functionality or internal testing and implementation processes. This role is an integral part of our success in providing quality (and ever growing) features, integrations and applications to our Clients.
This is a long-term commitment (not a project) and we are looking for someone who is detail oriented, consistently delivers and chooses quality over speed, an independent thinker, manages responsibilities and stress well and is absolutely dedicated to their own learning and growth. You will have much opportunity to learn and grow alongside our team and are empowered to do and be your best.
We are looking for a ERP / WMS Functional Analyst to fully own this role with the knowledge and skill to perform these functions:
- Documenting detailed break/fix/feature tickets, testing and management through to resolution
- Translating new and existing requirements into complete and detailed specifications and/or tickets
- Managing individual and team priorities with the Programmers pool and Primary Documenter
- Manual sprint QA testing
- Creating and hosting test scripts and managing subsequent requirements
Role requirements - must be proficient / experienced in:
- ERP / WMS / Supply Chain methodologies and best practices as a specialist / analyst (accounting knowledge is a plus) – minimum 3 years in this industry expected
- Full management-based software environments, with a focus on client need, quality and continuous improvement
- Task management using Agile Scrum methodologies and tools (or equivalent)
- Able to manage varied and multiple tasks / priorities with a high level of detail and attention
- Working in a remote team environment
- Learning new software and processes: this is a large proprietary software and integrations solution (character and web based)
- Our daily toolsets:
- Axosoft OnTime (equivalents will be accepted)
- Microsoft / Office 365: Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and SharePoint
- Typical Monday-Friday work week, overtime not required
- We are a mix of in-office (Apero Head Office - Edmonton, Alberta Canada) and remote workers (national and international)
- (Note: While Covid restrictions are in place our in-office workers are working remotely as well.)
- We are a team of highly specialized individuals with clear cut roles but require someone with the desire and capacity to build cross-functional knowledge
- Required hardware is supplied (remote workers responsible to manage/procure their own stable high-speed internet connection)
Languages: English as primary, Spanish and/or French would be an asset
Resume submissions and expectations:
- Submit cover letter (we want to know a little about you personally and how your relatable experience can benefit our team), references and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link below (submissions that do not include a cover letter will not be considered).
- Salary range expectations will be requested at the interview. Contractors should be prepared to provide an equivalent range for a full-time employee salary.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada and be fully vaccinated to be available for travel.
- We thank all who apply; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.